September 30, 2015 by Natalie Bernacchi 44 Comments
WHOA whoa WHOA! HOLY PEANUT BUTTER QUINOA PROTEIN PANCAKES!
Do you guys ever feel like sometimes all of your to do’s get piled up on top of each other…just like this peanut butter quinoa stack above maybe (however, not quite as delicious)?
For me, I feel like it comes and goes in waves and right now my stack is piled mighty high!
Here’s the deal. I’ve been Working a full time 9-5 job. On top of that I always work out to keep in shape. I’m also blogging and creating recipes daily. And, for icing on the cake, I became certified in Fitness Nutrition by Precision Nutrition, all while still trying to have time for my family and friends.
All I can say is how the heck did I do this in college? AND how the hell do all of my friends that are moms get stuff done with kids running wild!?! I certainly can’t even imagine!
Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy all of these things, so that’s honestly why I do it all! However, there are a few things that always make me feel better or like I might have life under control, which of course include a quiet weekend morning with protein pancakes and peanut butter. So, I thought what could be better than combining those ingredients and making a healthy, gluten free, delicious Peanut Butter Quinoa Protein Pancake stack?? Umm nothing duh!!
After all, when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I’m feeling sad (or overwhelmed), I simply remember my favorite things (like peanut butter and protein pancakes) and then I don’t feel sooooooo bad! – Total dork, I know!
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER & PIN:
5.0 from 5 reviewsPEANUT BUTTER QUINOA PROTEIN PANCAKES
SAVEPRINTPREP TIME5 minsCOOK TIME10 minsTOTAL TIME15 mins A healthy, gluten free, delicious Peanut Butter Quinoa Protein Pancake recipe!Author: Natalie BernacchiServes: 1 ServingINGREDIENTS
- ½ Scoop Peanut Butter Whey Protein Powder
- ¼ Cup Dry White Quinoa, cooked
- 2 TBS Coconut Flour
- ½ TBS Peanut Butter
- 1⁄2 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1⁄2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon
- Liquid Vanilla Stevia, to taste
- 1 TBS Melted Peanut Butter (for topping)
- Mix all protein pancake ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat. Once they are warm, you’ll want to spray with cooking spray. Then pour the batter in small round shapes. The batter needs to look very similar to a regular pancake batter. After around 5 minutes, or when the bottom of the pancake is lightly browned, flip the damn thing over and cook for a minute or two.
- Next, you’ll remove the pancake from the skillet and eat the darn thing up like a hog.
Since this is a single serving recipe, I use the Magic Bullet to whip these pancakes up in a jif. Also, since the consistency of protein pancakes can sometimes be difficult to work with, I use this awesome pan to cook with. It has 4 places to pour your batter, you close the lid and flip. SO EASY! I was skeptical at first, but it really makes your pancakes look amazing and I’ve had it for over a year now and use it every time! Oh snap….the secret to my perfect protein pancakes is out!