These Turkey Bacon, Egg & Toast Breakfast Cups are gluten free, made with only 3 main ingredients, and take less than 10 minutes of prep time!
Anytime I get together with my girlfriends or have a family get together of any kind, I’m always the first to suggest brunch! It’s the best way to satisfy everyone’s needs and wants when it comes to food. Since brunch has a little bit of breakfast and a little bit of lunch, you just can’t go wrong.
I got the inspiration for this recipe a long time ago from none other than THE Martha Stewart, herself! [you know what I mean, not from her directly, like she didn’t call me and say hey Natalie, here’s this recipe, but that would be SUPER COOL]. I mean c’mon, the woman knows a thing or two about hosting parties. I love any kind of single serving food, especially for parties so you can just grab one and still have room to try all of the other dishes.
If you’re hosting brunch, these breakfast cups are perfect because you can prepare them ahead of time and then pop in the oven when you’re about 20 minutes out from serving everything. I like recipes like this because then you can actually enjoy spending time with your guests, rather than just slaving away and being stressed out the entire time…Because, we’ve all been there and that is definitely NOT fun.
I especially love big potluck brunches, where everyone brings their own dish too. If you’re a guest, no problem! Just ask your friend or family member who’s hosting to make sure they’ll have enough oven space! Again, you can totally make these breakfast cups in advance, just hold off on cracking the eggs into the cups until you arrive at the house 😉 Otherwise, things could get messy!
Another reason why these Turkey Bacon, Egg & Toast Cups are one of my go-to brunch recipes is because you get everything in one bite! Literally…you take one bite and you get your carbohydrates from the toast [gluten free of course], and healthy fats and protein from the egg and turkey bacon. Again, just another reason why these breakfast cups are #winning!
I lightened these Turkey, Bacon, Egg and Toast Breakfast Cups just a tad by skipping the butter and using turkey bacon instead of real bacon. [If butter and real bacon is your thing, then by all means go for it]. I also swapped out the whole wheat bread for gluten free bread as well.
- 12 Slices of Gluten Free Bread
- 12 Slices Turkey Bacon, cooked ¾ way through
- 12 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Smash each slice of bread down by rolling with a baking pin. Cut each slice of bread in circle shape (removing crust), then cut in half diagonally.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray very well! Be sure to get all the way up the sides of each muffin mold.
- Press diagonal halves down into each muffin mold, making sure there is no pan showing through at bottom.
- Take each piece of turkey bacon and cut in half. Press one half down on bottom, so that bottom of cup is covered and end of turkey bacon is coming up out of cup on one side. Take other half and cut in half then place in cup so it sticks up on other side.
- Break egg into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, spray top with cooking spray.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes or until yolk is to your liking!
LOVED THIS RECIPE? PIN & SAVE FOR LATER:
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
- Do you like hosting parties at your place?
- Are you a fan of brunch get togethers?
- What are some of your favorite brunch items?
BRUNCH RECIPES FROM SOME OF MY FAVORITES:
- Blackberry Peach Crisp Baked Oatmeal by Athletic Avocado
- Dreamy Paleo Blueberry Coconut Souffle Bake by Cotter Crunch
- Low-Carb Vegetable Frittata by Fit Foodie Finds
- Superfruit Superfood Salad by Whisk & Two Wands
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!