These Banana Protein Pancakes are packed flavor and made with only 7 ingredients!
What’s the first thing you look for in a recipe? I can surf the internet allllll day long looking at gorgeous recipes and beautiful pictures of food, but bottom line is, if it’s too complicated, I’m not making it!
If the recipe has too many ingredients or too many steps, I just end up getting overwhelmed and I won’t make it! OR if I do decide to give it a try, the chances of me making it a second time are slim to none, just because the process was too involved the first time around.
Well if you’re like me and you want easy, I’ll give you easy! These Banana Protein Pancakes are SUPER DUPER EASY! Like, really easy! Actually, all of my Protein Pancakes and Recipes are pretty darn easy, because let’s face it. If the ingredient list is even pushing 10 items, then I’m usually just too lazy to make it!
I’m also a HUGE breakfast person and HUGE lover of pancakes, protein pancakes, or any of the like (ummm if you haven’t already guessed by my overwhelmingly large breakfast portfolio and entirely devoted protein pancake page). Yep, I LOVE breakfast, especially anything that packs a protein punch and has the word “pancakes” in the title 🙂 I am one of those eat breakfast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner kinda person. Are you?!?
If I’m not making Banana Protein Pancakes or incorporating bananas into the pancake batter, then I’m definitely topping my pancakes with bananas too! I especially love adding bananas to my protein pancakes because they act as a natural sweetener, so there’s really no need to add any type of sugar. If you like REALLY sweet stuff, just let them get overly ripe and there ya have it! Since bananas are moist, you can also use less maple syrup or any high calorie topping! Bananas are also full of fiber and good carbohydrates and when paired with protein, helps you stay full and satisfied longer! A total win-win in my book!
So try these Banana Protein Pancakes out and let me know if they’re easy enough for you!
- 1 Medium Banana
- 1 Scoop Vanilla About Time Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1⁄4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat. Once warm, spray with cooking spray and pour batter in small circular shapes. The batter should appear to look very similar to a regular pancake batter.
- After about 4 minutes, or when bottom of pancake is firm or lightly browned, flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. (Batter will not bubble like a typical pancake, so watch closely!)
- Remove from skillet with spatula and stack protein pancakes on plate. Top with real maple syrup and sliced bananas.
I would also recommend getting this pancake pan! I am in no way, shape, or form connected with this brand, I just really like the product and use it for all of my pancakes! Your pancakes will still taste AMAZING without the pan, they’ll just look better when you use it!
LOVED THIS RECIPE? PIN & SAVE FOR LATER:
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
- What’s the first thing you look at in a recipe?
- Are you an easy recipe or bust person like me?
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!