Delicious and healthy Low Carb Coconut Protein Pancakes made with only 8 ingredients! Dairy free and Gluten free too!
I’m not a huge fan of “low carb” diets, but let’s be real, sometimes you just want pancakes and sometimes you just don’t want them to be loaded with carbs. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my carbs, but depending on my day, my mood, how active I plan on being that day, it’s just nice to have a low-carb pancake option…and that’s why I love these Low Carb Coconut Protein Pancakes.
Now, if you know me, you know I love any kind of protein pancakes, like these 3-Ingredient Protein Pancakes and these Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes. But if I’m gonna be the queen of pancakes, and have them almost every morning, well then sometimes I’ve got to limit the carb intake on those bad boys.
My typical go-to flour is oat flour, but lately I’ve been experimenting with different types of flour and one that I really like is coconut flour. It’s a bit lighter consistency than most gluten free flours like oat flour or almond flour. I also feel like coconut flour has a lighter taste overall too. I also usually use Whey Protein with baking, but have been LOVING vegan protein lately so I used the About Time Vanilla Vegan Protein for this recipe too.
I also think coconut is great anytime of year! Coconut is light and tropical tasting and balances well with so many different flavors! I love topping my pancakes with either maple syrup, peanut butter, or almond butter and coconut just goes well with any and all of those options 🙂
- PROTEIN PANCAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 TBS About Time Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder
- 1⁄2 Cup + 1 TBS Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1⁄2 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1⁄4 Cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1⁄2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1⁄2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon
- Liquid Coconut Stevia, to taste
- 1 TBS Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Maple Syrup (Optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender, with the exception of the shredded coconut and blend until smooth.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat. [ I use the Perfect Pancake Pan to get the perfect Pancake shape ]
- Once warm, spray with cooking spray and pour batter in small circular shapes. The batter should appear to look very similar to a regular pancake batter.
- After about 4 minutes, or when bottom of pancake is firm or lightly browned, flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. (Batter will not bubble like a typical pancake, so watch closely!)
- Remove from skillet with spatula and stack protein pancakes on plate. Top with real maple syrup and shredded unsweetened coconut.
**I am an Ambassador for About Time. All thoughts an opinions are 100% my own!
LOVED THIS RECIPE? PIN & SAVE FOR LATER:
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
- Do you like coconut?
- Are you a pancake fanatic like me?
- Are you a fan of low-carb options?
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!