These Double Chocolate Protein Squares are so delicious, you’d never guess they’re healthy! They’re made with only 8 ingredients and are a perfect pre and post-workout treat, or when you’re on-the-go.
These Double Chocolate Protein Squares are so delicious, it’s honestly hard to believe that they are actually good for you! Last fall during “pumpkin-everything” season, I was HOOKED on these Pumpkin Protein Squares! (Don’t get me wrong, I still love pumpkin spice, but if I was stuck on a deserted island and had the choice to pick pumpkin or chocolate, you better believe I’ll be picking the chocolate!!)
Anywho…those Pumpkin Protein Squares were just the right amount of sweet, right amount of moist, right amount of “I can’t believe this is healthy”, so I thought hmmmm how could I take that recipe and make it chocolate!?! AND let’s not just do plain ol’ chocolate, but let’s go DOUBLE CHOCOLATE! Yes….my eyes get all big and I just get so excited when I think about chocolate 🙂
So, I got to baking and the first try was ok…just ok and not blog-worthy by any means. Let’s just say they came out pretty bland and basic and totally disappointing, considering those Pumpkin Protein Squares are freaking exploding with flavor. So, round 2 was gonna be better right?! Think not. It was an EPIC fail. Like spongy, chocolate stuck to the bottom of the baking dish, so much so that I had to soak the baking dish overnight. So bummed, so bummed. Well…3rd times a charm right?
Oh HECK YES it was!! Nailed it! These Double Chocolate Protein Squares were SO good that we made through two full batches in two days! Whoops!
These Double Chocolate Protein Squares have the perfect balance of protein and carbohydrate ratio, meant to fuel your body before a workout or help you post-workout with recovery! And did I mention there are only 8 ingredients total?!? Yep, super easy! All you need is:
Truvia (or stevia)
Unsweetened Almond Milk
I also love that these are cut into squares! If I workout in the early morning, I’ll grab two squares and eat them in the car on the way to the gym. It’s the perfect amount of fuel, so I’m ready to go and doesn’t leave me feeling super full. If I eat them as an afternoon snack, I’ll have 4 squares to help hold me over until dinner! You can even top with your favorite nut butter and have for dessert!
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 2 ScoopsAbout Time Chocolate Whey Protein
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Truvia (or stevia)
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 8 oz Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oat flour, chocolate whey protein, baking soda, Truvia, and cacao powder in a large mixing bowl and mix well until all ingredients are mixed well, making sure to remove any and all clumps.
- Combine liquid egg whites, applesauce, and almond milk in a small mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Best results are with hand mixer.
- Spray an 8x8 inch oven safe glass baking dish with cooking spray and pour mixture into dish.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until passes knife test.
LOVED THIS RECIPE? PIN & SAVE FOR LATER:
WHAT ABOUT YOU?:
- If you were stuck on a deserted island, would you pick chocolate or pumpkin spice?
- Are you always busy on-the-go and take treats with you everywhere you go?
- Do you sneak protein into baked goods to help make sure you’re getting enough protein?
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!