These Strawberry Shortcake Protein Pancakes make any breakfast healthy, fun, and ideal for the entire family to enjoy!
Remember those cute little strawberry shortcakes that you’d make as a kid with angel food cake cups, topped with strawberries, strawberry sauce, and whipped cream??
Or, like my husband still does, the Bisquick version where you stir together the mix, pop it on a cookie sheet, and then top with strawberries, strawberry sauce, and whipped cream!
You just really can’t go wrong with anything strawberry shortcake in my eyes (AND this is coming from a chocolate lover people). Really, how could you, when every bite brings you right back to when you were a kid again!
These Strawberry Shortcake Protein Pancakes are a tasty and healthy take on your typical breakfast staple, while packed with protein and keeping all of the flavors from your traditional American dessert.
Also, I HIGHLY suggest you head on out to your local farmer’s market stat! The strawberries are like strawberries on steroids! Huge and delicious!!
- PROTEIN PANCAKE INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ Scoop About Time Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 3 Strawberries
- 1⁄4 Cup Oat Flour (or Oats)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1⁄4 Cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1⁄2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1⁄4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- 4 Frozen Strawberries
- ½ Packet Granulated Stevia
- Combine strawberry topping ingredients and mash with fork until well mashed, set aside.
- Mix all protein pancake ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat.
- Once warm, spray with cooking spray and pour batter in small circular shapes. The batter should appear to look very similar to a regular pancake batter.
- After about 4 minutes, or when bottom of pancake is firm or lightly browned, flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. (Batter will not bubble like a typical pancake, so watch closely!)
- Remove from skillet with spatula and stack protein pancakes on plate.
- Top with strawberry sauce.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Ok, now go run! Now. Go get those strawberries! You won’t be disappointed! YUM!
PIN & SAVE RECIPE FOR LATER:
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!