These Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes are moist, fluffy, and make for the perfect breakfast for any gorgeous spring morning! This recipe is also single-serving and gluten free!
Spring has finally arrived and lawwwwd I am so happy! Sunshine and longer days make me a very very happy person!
You know what else makes me happy? I’ll give you a clue…2 words… 1st word starts with a P. Ok, second clue…2nd word starts with a P too. Did you guess it????
PROTEIN PANCAKES! Obviously!!!
If you’ve just so happened to take a peak around my recipe bank, you may have noticed that I have quite the liking for protein pancakes. Ok, ok, I admit, it might be more than just a liking! 🙂
There are a few things that really come to mind when I think of springtime. Things like tulips, roses, and flowers of all kinds! Spring break and Mexico (don’t ask…definitely from my more youthful days). Delicious healthy foods like artichokes and strawberries, as well as some not-so healthy foods like carrot cake!
But I love carrot cake. I really really ra-heeellly love carrot cake.
So what better than taking carrot cake + protein pancakes and making them have a baby. Well the most delicious healthy protein-packed baby happens. And there you have it, Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes are born…with cream cheese frosting OF COURSE!
- CARROT CAKE PROTEIN PANCAKE INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ Scoop About Time Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ⅛ Cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- ¼ Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 4 Oz Pureed Carrots or Baby Carrot Food
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Xantham Gum
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Liquid Vanilla Stevia, to taste
- 2 TBS Carrot Shavings
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 2 TBS Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 TBS Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 TBS All Natural Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar
- ½ TBS Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 TBS Stevia (I use Truvia)
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ TBS Carrot Shavings
- Mix all Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Mix Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients in a small dish, set aside.
- Mix all protein pancake ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat. Once warm, spray with cooking spray and pour batter in small circular shapes. The batter should appear to look very similar to a regular pancake batter.
- After about 4 minutes, or when bottom of pancake is firm or lightly browned, flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. (Batter will not bubble like a typical pancake, so watch closely!)
- Remove from skillet with spatula and stack protein pancakes on plate.
- Top with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with extra carrot shavings. Enjoy!
So this weekend, when you’re basking in the glorious spring weather, do yourself a favor and make these delicious Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Maybe even double the recipe and share with a friend…or 2 🙂
PIN & SAVE RECIPE FOR LATER:
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!