When it comes time for a holiday or any type of special occasion, naturally, the first thing I think of is what kind of protein pancakes I can make to suit the occasion!
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, it was an obvious choice as to what type of protein pancakes I’d have on the menu! Red Velvet Protein Pancakes with cream cheese frosting to be exact!
FINALLY a HEALTHY breakfast that tastes so decadent and sweet I could just die and go straight to red velvet protein pancakes heaven!
So when you’re lover asks you what you want for Valentine’s Day, just show them this! AND for all my single ladies out there (and guys you can get in on this too), just whip up this quick, delicious, healthy snack and celebrate this awesome day of love! Even when I was single I celebrated Valentine’s Day, because hey…you don’t have to have a mate to celebrate love!
How can you deny this rich, chocolatey, gooey goodness of health?? I certainly cannot! AND look at that delicious cream cheese frosting to top it off! I die. I just die.
- PROTEIN PANCAKE INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (I use About Time)
- 1⁄4 Cup Oat Flour (or Oats)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1⁄4 Cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1⁄2 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1⁄4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 TBS Beet Juice (or red food coloring)
- Liquid Chocolate Stevia, to taste
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1⁄4 Cup Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 TBS Light (or fat free) Cream Cheese
- 1 TBS Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- Liquid Vanilla Stevia, to taste
- 1 tsp Semi-Sweet
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mix all Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Mix all protein pancake ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat. Once warm, spray with cooking spray and pour batter in small circular shapes. The batter should appear to look very similar to a regular pancake batter.
- After about 4 minutes, or when bottom of pancake is firm or lightly browned, flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. (Batter will not bubble like a typical pancake, so watch closely!)
- Remove from skillet with spatula, spreading cream cheese frosting on top of each layer, pouring remaining frosting on top.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
SAVE RECIPE FOR LATER & PIN:
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!