Things have been CrAzY around here lately! Moving is no joke! BUT, totally worth it I might add 🙂 We’re all moved in and unpacked (well, lightly unpacked) and officially done with what we are calling “Phase 1”.
Although our kitchen isn’t ideal right now, I’m grateful that we at least have a working stove to cook my protein pancakes! Totally a must in this house!
“Phase 1” included moving, unpacking the necessities (stuff we’ll absolutely need over the next few 8 weeks or so), and then fixing up a few little stuff here and there…door hardware, new faux wood blinds, landscaping the jungle that was in both our backyard and front yard, and building new side gates. Fun and nice to have a little bitty break before “Phase 2”!
This time of year, I can’t help but think about warm cozy flavors like maple! AND what tastes better with maple than bacon?!?! Umm nothing…duh! SO, naturally I thought to myself, why not have Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes?!?! YESSSS JACKPOT!
Since I’m trying to watch the extra calories this time of year, I thought I’d use turkey bacon, but feel free to go for the gold and use reallllll bacon if that is your thang!
Cah-Mon! Look at that deliciousnesssssss all stacked up in it’s all mighty maple bacon glory! YUMMMMMMM
- ¾ Scoop Vanilla About Time Whey Protein Powder
- 1⁄4 Cup Oat Flour (or Oats)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1⁄4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1⁄4 Cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1⁄2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1⁄4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Liquid Vanilla Stevia, to taste
- 1⁄2 tsp Maple Extract
- 1 Slice Turkey Bacon
- 1 Slice Turkey Bacon, crumbled
- Real Maple Syrup
- Mix all protein pancake ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat.
- Once warm, spray with cooking spray and pour batter in small circular shapes. The batter should appear to look very similar to a regular pancake batter.
- After about 4 minutes, or when bottom of pancake is firm or lightly browned, flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. (Batter will not bubble like a typical pancake, so watch closely!)
- Remove from skillet with spatula and stack protein pancakes on plate.
- Top with turkey bacon crumbles and real maple syrup. Enjoy!
So while I chow down on this stack, be sure to stay tuned for “Phase 2” !!! That will be the BIG stuff like our kitchen, bathrooms, updating our laundry room, painting every wall in this house, and hopefully adding a nice big wood pergola over the patio! Lots and lots to go, but it will be FUN!
SAVE RECIPE FOR LATER & PIN:
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!