I know, I know, this is what you’ve all been waiting for!!! Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls!!
Wait for it…wait for it….HEALTHY Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls!! YESSSSSSSSS! Isn’t chocolate and peanut butter all we want in this life anyway? Haha, that and pizza I bet!
Well, I believe that food should be used as a source of fuel or recovery for your body, so if you work out, then you need to give it some loving with some good-for-you ingredients 🙂 I also don’t believe in all that no-fat nonsense! I know that most of you reading this are women, and we need those healthy fats in our diet for SO MANY REASONS!!! Healthy fats are essential for hormone production, satiation, metabolism function and so much more! (And P.S….if you’re trying to lose weight, did you know that you NEED fat to LOSE fat?? Yes, you do. Fact!).
Contrary to what society wants us to believe, carbohydrates are NOT the devil. I repeat…NOT the devil! We need them to not only fuel our workouts, but also to fuel our brains!!! They provide our cells with the energy we need to function!
So gone are the days where we eliminate fat from our diets or we restrict ourselves from carbohydrates. The goal is to have a healthy balance of both and to eat foods that nourish and fuel those magnificent brains and beautiful bodies of ours!
Limiting processed or artificial foods is the first step in the right direction! Making your own no-bake healthy chocolate peanut butter energy balls like these are a super simple way to have healthy snacks on hand and know exactly what ingredients are going in your mouth!
P.S. I’m in LOVE with these Love Grown Foods Cocoa Goodness Oat Clusters Toasted Granola! I ordered them from Swanson Foods. They are gluten free and contain no artificial flavors or trans fats!
SAVE RECIPE FOR LATER & PIN:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 TBS Raw Cacao Powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup Love Grown Foods Cocoa Goodness Oat Clusters Toasted Granola
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life Dark mini chocolate chips (can use more)
- Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract in a bowl and stir together until well mixed.
- Next add raw cacao powder and stir until mixture is dark brown.
- Add unsweetened coconut flakes, quick oats, and granola. This will be tough to mix, but just continue until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Finally, add in dark chocolate chips and place in freezer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, take heaping tablespoon and roll into balls.
- Serve immediately or place in refrigerator to serve later. Enjoy!
I was provided with product from Swanson Foods to use in this recipe, however everything written above is 100% my own opinion.
**Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through one of these links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Thank you for supporting the blog and making A Fit Philosophy possible!